The next stop along the way, on November 8, 2008, was Zhonghua Gate (Chinese Gate) is the south gate of Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province. Zhonghua Gate has the double distinction of being the biggest castle-style city gate in China and a structural element of the most complicated castle in the world. It is the castle's magnificent scale, delicate structure, and the great skill with which it was built that bequeath it an important place in China's military and architectural traditions. Construction of the castle took twenty-one years, from 1366 to 1387. 

The entrance to the gate, don't worry the soldiers are just statues.
Posing like the soldier, I think we look pretty intimidating.
Top of the castle/gate.
Bonsai Garden
Wall and stairs up the wall.
Jake overlooking the courtyard
View going up the stairs...now this is what I call China.
Jake and Brit
Jake and I on the stairs going up to the top. The ramps on the side of us were so that the horses could get up to the top.
Chad and the soldier This was another outing that I thoroughly enjoyed. I love the scenery and the old buildings. It really amazes me how old things are here and the condition they are still in.








2 comments:
That is pretty cool. You are getting to see some amazing sites. I am glad you guys are taking advantage.
I was just thinking I wish I could copy and paste all your beautiful pictures and recounts of all our field trips on my blog to save the hassle, or just refer my family to your blog. JK. I obviously haven't done any field trip updates for a month, when the last several took place. Oh well, too tired to care. You've done meticulous, beautiful work. I like it.
Post a Comment