Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Saturday Outing, Part 1-Nanjing Folklore Museum

On November 8, 2008, we had another outing with Jake's flagship program. We actually ended up going to 3 places that day which means I took a lot of pictures. The first place we went was The Nanjing Folklore Museum/Ganxi's Former Residence. It is generally called "ninety nine rooms and half room". In China if you ask for a big number they say 9 instead of 10 or 99 instead of 100. Anyways this place is more of what I thought China to be like. It had this really beautiful garden and so many rooms. It was a lot of fun and Jake and I felt like it was going through a maze trying to get out. Map of complex
Clara and Britney eating Hi-Chews(they are like a starburst, but a lot better). Jake just gave her a whole one...which was a lot of chewing for her.
Old layout of the place
Long hallway leading to different rooms, from front to back is Susannah, Caleb, Chad, and Jake.
Jake by one of the courtyards, and he is even smiling:)Britney sitting at one of the tables.
Jake climbing up the steep stairs to one of the 99 rooms.
Britney out in one of the many garden areas.
This is what I expected China to be like, beautiful rock gardens.
Britney standing in one of the long narrow hallways.
Garden out back.
I loved this area, it was so peaceful and beautiful.
Jake and I down in the pond.
Close up one of just the two of us.
Donny, Jake, and Caleb practice their Tai Chi moves.
Caleb and Clara sitting and waiting for everyone...Clara was finally warming up to Caleb. He didn't know the trick was to feed her candy.

No comments: