Thursday, September 18, 2008

On my own

Well I did it, I finally went out on my own. I know some of you are thinking "Haven't you been there a week and a half?" And my answer to that is yes, yes I have. Let me put a little disclaimer in here that Jake has been home a lot and there have probably been about 3 days that I've been at the apartment all day. So today I decided it was time to start my adventures. I walked to a mall about a mile away and found a McDonalds. I walked in, I was pretty nervous at first because there was nothing in English...I almost turned around and walked out, but I wanted to show Jake that I could do things on my own. So I walked up to the counter and the lady smiled and pulled out a menu with things written in English. So I pointed to what I wanted, and then got my food and sat down. They only gave me one packet of ketchup for my fries but I wasn't going to go back and ask for more, so I just rationed it out:)



Me headed out on my own


Don't worry I made it back, safe and sound


My proof for Jake, that I went out and got food all by myself

My walk to the New City mall

Down the street

5 comments:

m@R(! said...

yeah good job..i am impressed!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing better then me! I dont think I have gone out on my own yet. Good job.

Laci said...

yay! im so proud :o) that's WAY more than i could ever do.... how was the hamburger by the way?

Anonymous said...

Britney, I love hearing about your adventures and love seeing the beautiful world. Remember take lots of pictures so we can experience that part of the world through you. Where is the picture of the guy who did not clear his trash to the trash can?

Michelle said...

Britney, you are AMAZING! I love that you guys are doing this travel blog, it is very entertaining!! I think you going out alone after only a week and 1/2 is fantastic . . . I'm pretty sure I never ventured out without Jac in India, so I am impressed!! Glad you made it there safe and sound and I love that McDonalds had an English menu to pull out for you!